Friday, June 27, 2008

June 27th, 2007: Random

The European Football (soccer) Championship is currently underway. Holland is now out of the tournament - but about a week and a half ago they were selling these special "Hot Holland Hot" Pringles in the store.
Below are some pictures of the oven that my friends got me for my birthday, since I've been asked a lot of questions about it. Basically, it seems that it is very uncommon for houses to come with ovens in them. Instead, these small, portable ovens are more common. It is similar in size to a microwave and you just plug it and to use it (heats with electric coils). Mine is the extra-large one, most of my friends have smaller ovens. They work ok - it's definitely not as good as baking with a proper gas oven; however, it works.
Note the extra small fridge, which two of us are sharing! Large fridges are also not common here.

And a picture of the main room of our new house (was standing in the kitchen when I took this photo).

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi nice baking box. your apt. looks really nice. Happy baking...xo