Saturday, October 27, 2007

October 27th, 2007: Alkmaar







Here are some photos of Alkmaar - a smallish city that is located 40 minutes south of Den Helder by train. I went here last weekend to look for a pair of boots - it's a nice city. There is a cheese market that happens here on Fridays and also a cheese museum (I didn't see either but I'm sure it is a potential activity for anyone who comes to visit).
I've been put in charge of planning a Halloween lunch at work - it is turning out to be a rather time consuming task since Halloween isn't celebrated here and finding orange and black things to decorate with is a bit challenging. I've also had a hard time finding orange pumpkins... there are plenty of pumpkins around here but most of the larger ones are green with white specks and stripes. I also have to convince all of my Dutch friends to dress up in a costume and wear it to work on Wed...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

hi Happy Halloween! The pics are great . what a nice town . count me in to visit the cheese museum and cheese market. when we visit. xo