Sunday, July 22, 2007

July 22nd, 2007: Happy Birthday OC!!!

Here are a few pictures from Friday night - the weather was terrible here (rainy and windy) so I found my friends Tim and Nico and we played some music together in the common room in the apartment building we all live in. We worked out a few irish tunes with the guys on guitar and me on whistle. It was a lot of fun and a good way to spend a rainy Friday evening.

In other news, I am apparently extremely allergic to mosquitoes on Texel. A few weeks ago I was bitten and had a bump the size of a golf ball on my arm. Last night I woke up in time to realize that a mosquito was bitting me on the eyelid - and now my right eye is almost swollen shut. It is really terrible. I've met two other people here (one person from the UK and one from Russia) who have the same problems with Texel mosquitoes...

2 comments:

Rachel Pilling said...

hey Isla, just checking up on what new stuff you had posted on your blog. Your story about being allergic to Texel mosquitos reminds me of the international staff that come to camp in the states and have horrible problems with our mosquitos. I bet it's just that you're not used to something about them. I hope that goes away soon. Sounds annoying.

Oh yeah, your guitar is very pretty. I hope you are getting along with him well. :o)

Sarah said...

Every time I write a message in your blog , I need to create a new account or else I am dad. oh well....anyway, thanks for the birthday messages for me and o.s. hope you find out more about those netherland mosquitos and get some american bug spray for them.love the pics of the netherland streets. have you bought any wooden clogs yet? xo