Saturday, May 19, 2007

May 19th, 2007: Amsterdam

I went to Amsterdam yesterday (Thurs. was a holiday here and yesterday I also had the day off of work). These pictures are completely out of order since I've been having this problem with the blogger website... from my end, everything is in Dutch and no matter what I do, I cannot get it to go back to English. So, for now, the pictures will have to be out of order...

Anyway, I didn't do much in Amsterdam besides walking around and checking out some stores and markets, including the flower markert. Once I get paid, then I plan to make another trip to check out some of the musems.







This picture is of the back side of the flower marker, which is actually floating in the canal.















I was pretty amazed by this parking garage right outside of Central Station- it is only for bike parking and it was completely packed. There was even a parking lot attendent directing people where to park...







3 comments:

Sarah said...

Great pics .Amsterdam looks like a cool place. I love the pics of the bike parking and the flowers.and Happy Birthday, xo

Matt Kuchta said...

Whoah, that's a lot of bicycles.

Rachel Pilling said...

Amsterdam looks like such a clean city from your photos. I don't remember having that impression of it when I was there. Thanks for the pictures - they were cool. What did you do for your birthday? Did you go to Bremen yet?